Best way to transfer eggs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looks like my GBR's are getting ready to lay eggs again. What is the best way to transfer the eggs from my 75G to my 10G? Is acclimation necessary, or is the only requirement to have the temps just about the same? What are some of your techniques for transferring the eggs? I do have a turkey baster which I'll be using.

The only thing I would do is make sure they have some really good circulation. I put my C. Trilineatus eggs in a net breeder right in front of the outflow of my AC and never had a problem with mold nor egg losses. Maybe put a breeder net in the 10 gallon in front of the outflow until they start to hatch and become free swimming.

I sent a replie toyour pm LWB hope it helps. GBR eggs are realy easy to hatch on your own. Little easyer then my Apisto eggs whitch here latly have been a pain in the you know what. LOL Good luck ad letus know how it goes or turns out.

I transferred the eggs of my Keyholes by taking the rock out of the water, and putting it in 10 g 5 seconds later, worked fine (same temp, half of the water came from original tank). But i would recommend transferring through a container filled with water so the eggs don't leave the water. Airstone next to the eggs in 10 g! Gl!

That's easy to do when there on a rock or peice of wood are even in a cave. But must GBR's lay there eggs in a pit dug in the gravel. either at the very back of the tank or right beside plants even between the plants. LOL

Mine dug a hole in between all my anacharis, lol.

I think for the next time, I'm going to pull the anacharis, cut the tops off and replant the stems so there's a nice open spot i the middle of the anacharis, lol. And keep the outside edge fairly dense. They found that the anacharis is keeping some of the other fish like the plecos away from the eggs, acts as kind of a barrier. :)

Now for the next time my Bolivians lay eggs, it will be easy. They lay their eggs on a piece of granite. :)

Back
Top Bottom