Beta breeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a beautiful green and pink marble monkey face Beta that has finally started making bubble nests. His tank is beside my female molly tank and he has been trying to entice the girls over. He built his bubble nest close to his viewing window into the girls tank and he has been watching them and dancing for them. He then swims to the bubble next and waves his fins while watching the female molly. He keeps swimming to the glass and putting on a show and then swims back to the nest and waits. LOL I am thinking of getting a female and trying to breed him. I have a well cycled 5 gallon tank that only has snails and plants right now. I was thinking of making it a shrimp tank but never could decide on what shrimp to get. Now I am thinking it would make a nice home for a female Beta. My male has a 10 gallon all to himself. Would the 5 gallon be enough for a girl? I posted a link to a photo of the male. I was thinking a pink female if I can find one. How do I decide on a color? I have a local pet store that buys or trades for all of my extra mollies and snails. They are interested in me breeding guppies and Betas for them. Any advice on female color and breeding would be greatly appreciated.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Cyndie47/IMAG0007_zps786e3955.jpg
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Cyndie47/IMAG0002_zpsfc4f1c0f.jpg

Sorry the photos are not better.

Beautiful fish! I really want to get into betta breeding too but I can't find anything besides veiltail Bettas! But you should be fine, I read that a 3 gallon is okay for a betta so a 5 gallon should be fine.

I have seen Betas in those tiny 1 gallon tanks but I just could not do that to a fish. I am redecorating the 5 gallon and getting it ready for another Beta. Petsmart is having a sale and has Beta females listed for .99 cents. I am hoping to be able to find a pink female. I am reading up on breeding them right now. A member on Plantedtank.net has some really pretty pink females he is selling. I am hoping the shipping and price are not too high. I would rather get one from a private breeder than a chain store. My male came from Petsmart but he was so tiny and miserable looking I almost didn't buy him. He was all pink but started getting teal green a few weeks after I got him. I really wanted an all pink male but they are really hard to find. I am going to check with the local pet store and see if she can get me a pink female. She had no luck with getting me a pink male though. I am trying to keep my multiple tank syndrome under control.

Back
Top Bottom