Betta breeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear that! I didn't have much luck today either. Released the female but Ninja was way too rough so I scooped her out before he could do more than rip a big chunk from her anal fin. She is back in the sorority and I might let him start seeing a new girl tomorrow.

Well josie may be too young all he did was hide from guinevere, who seemed interested. Removed him and Put in Rommel. He has livened things up, chasing Guinevere. He is not overly aggressive so I will let this go for a while..

Sorry to hear that Alyxx, yes by all means change the girls!

As you know we been been buying baby bettas from Petco, and it has been a gold mine so far. We have 3 young females, one is a CT, the others look to be VT, One is a Male Delta, and the youngest is a double tail not old enough for sexing yet. So.. if you have the time and patience, for a $1.99, is a neat deal and you won't know what your gonna get til it grows up some.
And sign up for the petco savings card as well they always send coupons and you get free Petco cash so your bettas even cost less!

98kshooter said:
As you know we been been buying baby bettas from Petco, and it has been a gold mine so far. We have 3 young females, one is a CT, the others look to be VT, One is a Male Delta, and the youngest is a double tail not old enough for sexing yet. So.. if you have the time and patience, for a $1.99, is a neat deal and you won't know what your gonna get til it grows up some.
And sign up for the petco savings card as well they always send coupons and you get free Petco cash so your bettas even cost less!

Makes me wish I had a petco! There's no big box petstore in my town at all. There is a petsmart about 20 minutes away and another maybe 45 mins away in the town my mom lives in, so I hit that one up when I visit. Closest petco is in Baton Rouge, which is only 45 minutes away but I hate going there. Might have to suck it up and make the trip to go find the petco, though!

Makes me wish I had a petco! There's no big box petstore in my town at all. There is a petsmart about 20 minutes away and another maybe 45 mins away in the town my mom lives in, so I hit that one up when I visit. Closest petco is in Baton Rouge, which is only 45 minutes away but I hate going there. Might have to suck it up and make the trip to go find the petco, though!

it could a good think if you score some nice bettas! We may make another trip just for babies! My local one is about 20 minutes from me.

Woo! Put my turquoise/steel blue female in with Ninja last night and today she is striped and head down! Ninja once again has a massive nest and tomorrow I'm releasing her while I'm home to monitor them. Wish me luck, guys!

Woo! Put my turquoise/steel blue female in with Ninja last night and today she is striped and head down! Ninja once again has a massive nest and tomorrow I'm releasing her while I'm home to monitor them. Wish me luck, guys!

Sounding good! Hope the best! I have changed males 3 times now Finally put Loki in with her she is so ready this time ...Meanwhile poor little Sakura is sick
and watching him closely

I'm surprised I could see this one stripe. She's fairly light and I wasn't sure if she would stripe up but she did! This is one of my half-moons, and she has been a favorite since the beginning. Blues, particularly steel blues, which she is close to, are the best for breeding with blacks to get more blacks. Since most melano black females are sterile. I do eventually want to see what may come of the white female with the black male. I like playing mad scientist... err...
Mad geneticist maybe.

I'm surprised I could see this one stripe. She's fairly light and I wasn't sure if she would stripe up but she did! This is one of my half-moons, and she has been a favorite since the beginning. Blues, particularly steel blues, which she is close to, are the best for breeding with blacks to get more blacks. Since most melano black females are sterile. I do eventually want to see what may come of the white female with the black male. I like playing mad scientist... err...
Mad geneticist maybe.

nice combo! Hope your genetic experiments....er betta breeding comes out well!

Thanks, I do too! Released her and so far so good. No attacking like with the orchid girl. This female is still very striped and there has just been mild chasing. More like follow the leader, haha.

I really need to name my girls. So far only my white hm has a name - Priscilla, it just seems to fit.

Thanks, I do too! Released her and so far so good. No attacking like with the orchid girl. This female is still very striped and there has just been mild chasing. More like follow the leader, haha.

I really need to name my girls. So far only my white hm has a name - Priscilla, it just seems to fit.

Keep watch soon there my be eggs. I lost Sakura this morning.:( But now got Loki with Anne as he started bullying Guinevere.

Looks good so far! They havent got the mechanics quite down yet but they are working on it.

I just told my boyfriend that if he needed me for anything, I was in the back room watching fish have sex, lol.

It took Ninja a while but he is helping her now. Looks llike lots of eggs! And they are still at it, with more eggs dropping with each embrace! So exciting!!!

Looks good so far! They havent got the mechanics quite down yet but they are working on it.

I just told my boyfriend that if he needed me for anything, I was in the back room watching fish have sex, lol.

This. I laughed so hard.

FishingMouse said:
This. I laughed so hard.

He honestly didn't think it was all that odd coming from me!

They're done now and ninja is rearranging the eggs again. Just have to hope he doesn't eat them now.

He honestly didn't think it was all that odd coming from me!

They're done now and ninja is rearranging the eggs again. Just have to hope he doesn't eat them now.

Due to a long and ugly story... I just lost this Brood as Anne seemed to eat them all as I was not home when it was all done...Lost all.... On deck, Thor and Mary....

Back
Top Bottom