betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
How hard is it to get bettas to breed??? I have a green betta which i have heard is a pretty rare color for them. He is a big male and i want to breed him with a blue female to try and have some green babies. I don't know the first thing about breeding these fish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Thanx for all the help guys. I have the tank set up and i bought a female last night. I am conditioning them now so hopefully within a week or two she will be ready to breed. Hopefully my male has some strong genes and i get some nice green babies. I'll post results when the time comes and if any of you that helped me are interested in the babies when they come just let me know and i will be more than happy to send you one.

No sorry, but i can give u a quick description. He is a veil tail, he is has a very dark torquoise body with slight red on his pelvic and anal fins and bright green tail, dorsal fin, and most of his anal fin. He is very large and aggressive so i am assuming that he will produce offspring with the potential to be fairly large and aggressive also. I am breeding him with a female that has a very silvery body and torquoise fins and tail. Hopefully i will be able to get my hands on a digital camera and photograph the offsrping so that i can post pics of them.

Should i use methelene blue after the eggs have been put in the nest to prevent fungus or is there something else i should use???

Is the betta with any other fish? you have to remove the female betta after spawning as the male will switch to over protective mode and kill any fish that share the same tank inc the female betta and otto.

The male betta will take care n clean the egg from fungus daily.

The betas are alone in a 10 gallon tank set up for breeding. The two fish are still separated by glass for conditioning and the male has built a fairly decent nest. Hopefully the female will be ready by the end of this week.

Back
Top Bottom