Black skirt tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys and girls I have been hearing a bit of splashing at night in my tank and just looked and saw my black skirts chasing each other I don't quiet know how to sex them but one is really plumb and round and the other one is quiet skinny would this mean male and female? Also I saw them shimmy up against each other earlier on is this like a mating ritual?

Hey guys and girls I have been hearing a bit of splashing at night in my tank and just looked and saw my black skirts chasing each other I don't quiet know how to sex them but one is really plumb and round and the other one is quiet skinny would this mean male and female? Also I saw them shimmy up against each other earlier on is this like a mating ritual?

A femal is larger then the male it's very noticeable black widows commonly play and bond when they chase each other or when they is my up against one another, I my self have a school of seven in a 400L tank they are very difficult to breed but very strong against some diseases except what suspect valves disease

Aww okay i was hoping they would breed I'd like to see what there fry looks like I might try and breed them soon

Back
Top Bottom