Blood red dwarf gourami gender id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lohoyan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, can you tell me if these are males or females? I thought they were males. My lfs got more of these in and i'd like to get a couple females but now they all look the same to me. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_3392.jpg
    DSC_3392.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_3394.jpg
    DSC_3394.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 113
Hi everyone, can you tell me if these are males or females? I thought they were males. My lfs got more of these in and i'd like to get a couple females but now they all look the same to me. Thanks.

These fish are the males. This is just one of the many color morphs of the Dwarf Gourami. The females to most of these fish will look like the female in this thread: Dwarf Gouramis (Female) - AC Tropical Fish Pictures It's a very different looking fish for sure and not found frequently in chain stores that carry the males. ;)

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks for the info. I think the ones at my lfs are all males as well then. I suppose they figure that people only want the more colorful males. Bummer, I'd love to see them make a bubble nest.

Back
Top Bottom