Blue ram spawned, now should I remove other fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaguarr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Temperature is 80F
pH is about 7

My question is should I move any of the following tank mates else where...

2 tiger barbs (my main concern)
5 male guppies
1 harlequin
5 flying foxes

I think moving them would be a good idea because when the eggs hatch (if they do), the fry may get picked on, or won't be able to get anything to eat. But I worry that if I try to catch these tank mates with the net, the blue rams will be shocked and disturbed their caring of the eggs.

Right now they are taking turns guarding the eggs. The male is actually being more responsible.

The male is the main defender....he will even chase the female away sometimes, but that's okay.

I preferred to move the eggs themselves to a grow out tank. Of course, mine were laid in a 55 gallon tank full of fish and I had no where to put that many fish, but I got a container (plastic cup) and transferred the eggss, UNDER WATER, and moved them to a 10 that I set up. You can't let them be exposed to air or they won't make it. I would try to move them, because any of the fish you listed will eat them, and if the parents get too nervous about the other fish, they'll eat them too.

Back
Top Bottom