BN ready to hatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigNorsk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Another group of 30 ready to hatch, should be today.

Took the eggs because father was busy fighting with Gnarly the doninant male and that tank has dwarf crayfish so eggs are delicious.

I just use a small breeder box and an airstone to circulate and they do fine.

Attachments

• A2F9B1C4-113A-4E17-B9BE-759F3DAAB94F.jpg
    A2F9B1C4-113A-4E17-B9BE-759F3DAAB94F.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1F2CE648-615C-4FFB-968E-371C30ADEEDA.jpg
    1F2CE648-615C-4FFB-968E-371C30ADEEDA.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 59
pretty neat.(y)(y)
When I had my albino BNs, they would not keep the eggs in the caves so I too did what you are doing. I took a high powered magnifying glass to them and you could see the blood veins and the fluids going through them. With all the fish species I've bred, THAT I found to be most amazing. I've also, by accident, watched a few of the eggs actually hatch. It was just some luck that I was there looking when they hatched. Once again, pretty amazing imo. ;)

Yes, I find it fascinating too.

With the L144 I have their spine is clearly visible. Seen a few eyes but they don’t generally show clearly to me.

Hatching is kind of funny because it just seems like the egg has a tail.

The first bunch I hatched was when I looked in a tank and the egg mass had rolled out into the tank. The previous hatchbwas just starting to free swim and the one female was trying desparately to lay eggs and I’m not sure she even got in the cave. In any case the egg mass wasn’t attached but was fertilized except three turned white.

I pick any that go white out because they mold rapidly.

This one the males in the 55 gallon decided it was a time to fight and dad was sitting around outside andI got concerned because the dwarf crayfish in the tank are constantly hunting.

So anyway I have three hatches growing out and it looks like at least two more females are full of eggs. Should have lots ready to go next spring.

Ok, lost some. Wasn’t set up for that many babies. Trying to hit shipping size in spring so not pushing them.

A friend, long back had 6-8 tubs (a couple might have been another fish spawn) set up in the basement with babies coming in every couple weeks, soooo many water changes!!!

Hoping it all goes well!

Back
Top Bottom