Bolivian Rams Success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While doing my PWC, I noticed one of the "couples" eggs have hatched, and noticed a huge crater dug in the gravel in the back of the tank... Then saw the Rams actually "vaccuming" the frys in their mouths, and moving them to the crater. They would take turns transporting the frys & guarding them.
That tank has become a huge breeding tank for some reason. I just let nature take its way, and the population keeps going up...
I started with 6 Cory Cats, and now counted 12 after having them not even 6 months...
Now, it's the Rams turns... lol
I just set up another Tank (currently cycling) for all these new fishies...

The Rams were the last addition to the Tank (about 2-1/2 Months ago)... They seem to be happy.. Showing off their colors, and bossing around.
Once the frys get a lil' bigger, I'll try and snap some Pics.

I can't wait for pics!
I know how you feel about being overwhelmed! I waited months for my mystery snails to lay eggs, and now she has laid 9 clutches in the last month and a half! LOL

So what are you going to do with the fry once they are bigger? I've been thinking about keeping some Bolivian's at some point... ;)

As much as I like Rams and their lil' attitude, I can't see myself breeding fish. I just don't have the time. I will most likely start another Tank at some point but will have to post on Local FW Forums and give them away (only to fishkeepers.. Couldn't give them to newbies...)

I'm sure if you put them up in the classifieds section someone would give them a good home. *cough* me *cough* :)

No doubts. If I could, I'd give em' to the ppl on this Forum but being from Canada, not sure they would make it...
And BTW... Penguins??? Come on, you know SENS own the Cup this year!!!

Didn't even see your location before... good point on not shipping into the US.

Hope we don't knock you out of the playoffs, again. ;-) Who am I kidding, I hope we do! LOL.

I stand by its that time of year, my angels went into spawn last night 3 pairs, both pairs of rams as well as my curviceps did as well, my corydoras were slow and started spawning this morning. Ive got 4 different species of eggs in this tank and its gotta be the ultimate stress test for these defensive males. I did lose 3 cardinals tetras to the big pair of angels, they tried to help themselves to fresh eggs, last wrong thing they did.

Where in ON are you? close to the US or futher up on the plate? I wish my friend still lived in haliburton, he used to keep nothing but rams.

Didn't even see your location before... good point on not shipping into the US.

Hope we don't knock you out of the playoffs, again. ;-) Who am I kidding, I hope we do! LOL.

Hope? come on cut out boys some slack, we WILL.

Speaking of hockey did anyone see what our dumb mayor Daley did? put a Hawks helmet on the picasso sculpture in the middle of chicago. we all know the mayor has to have nice things to look at, he cant deal with the monster named chicago he has created.

I stand by its that time of year, my angels went into spawn last night 3 pairs, both pairs of rams as well as my curviceps did as well, my corydoras were slow and started spawning this morning. Ive got 4 different species of eggs in this tank and its gotta be the ultimate stress test for these defensive males. I did lose 3 cardinals tetras to the big pair of angels, they tried to help themselves to fresh eggs, last wrong thing they did.

Where in ON are you? close to the US or futher up on the plate? I wish my friend still lived in haliburton, he used to keep nothing but rams.

I am from Ottawa. 4hrs East of Toronto & 2hrs West of Montreal. About 1hr south of the Border.

I didn't like it. LOL. It was a good game, very close. We'll see what happens tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom