Breeding ABP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I been waiting to see if my bristle nose plecos would breed! I know for sure I have a Male he is about 4 in and has a nose full of bristles! I put a terra cot pot in and he is in it all the time! I'm not really sure if I have a female it's about 2 or 3 in but only a few bristles! What kind of behavior should i see if they do start to brred? I notice the smaller on lays on a stone right outside the cave but doesn't go in! I also been feeding them a variety of food! And they are in a 29g heavily planted tank with blasting sand subst. Temps about 74-76 all readings are good! I do weekly 20 % water changes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Chances are you won't see the female go into the cave to lay the eggs. The male them follows right after her and fertilizes them. He will remain in the cave so put food near the opening. You will also see him fanning his fins and tail at times. Also he will kick fungus ed eggs out of the cave. Other than if the cave it somewhere you can shine a flashlight into its hard to tell until you see fry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom