Breeding Betta's !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan24

Aquarium Advice Activist
So soon I'm going too start the process of breeding . I have 1 male vietail ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390575529.868568.jpg
I have 1 male half moon
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390575563.842712.jpg

And these are my 3 females ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390575594.699321.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390575606.494317.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390575615.558615.jpg

Also too add I have order Catappa leaves and I have started too condition them with bloodworms , brine shrimp and flakes. Is there more that I can do too take further measure too ensure health , strength and probability of strong , healthy fry ? Any tricks or tips , or anything would be great . Thank you :) Ryan

Let me know how it goes I've been trying but not successful yet have you been successful?

Will do , I'm waiting on catappa leaves to come in , and I'm priming my females and males . Also letting the females get a little bigger to before introducing so in. Like a week or so I will start .

How have you started to breed , and what have you done ?

What's your
male and females look like ?

:) did you trying priming them ? By feeding like brine shrimp or bloodworms
? It will encourage spawning I have heard

Yeah both blood and bring shrimp also think tubeifix worms too

you should try to get one or 2 more females, it will better your chances , plus females can be houses together

So just a little update , males are blowing bubble nest with out females . Very soon I will will conditioning them when leaves come in or i may just use a styrofoam cup if I'm not patient enough and I'm buyin another 10 gallon as a breeder . It's getting close :)

Very true :) , I Have been watching lots of videos and reading , I think the way
I will do it is filling the water only about 6 inches and but the female in a glass vase . But also thought about just using a divider too , not quite sure which way i wanna go .

Back
Top Bottom