Breeding corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Danio

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,
I would like to breed bronze corys but know only a little bit about them. What would I need to know to breed bronze corys. Tank requirements etc.
Thanks in advance :)

The first and only time I had them breed was probably by accident. My apartment lost power during a snow storm, and I know the tank got cold. Power came back on, and when I went to feed the fish that night, the female had plastered eggs all over the place. They hatched, and I caught what fry I could and put them in a breeding coral, and managed to get five of them to large size. Maybe they were going to breed anyway, and the timing just worked that way. But in my 10 years of having that tank, it was the only time that they bred.

Hey guys I have 2 albino corys and 1 bronze cory. Do you know how to tell the difference from male and female? Thanks so much.

Feed them well, do a large water change with a water that's a few degrees cooler, and wait and see. If they spawn they'll deposit eggs all over the tank glass usually near the top or on plants and other objects. At that point I let them sit for a few hours and keep an eye on them to make sure no one is eating them, and then i scrape them off with a razor blade and put them in container to hatch out.

Okay thanks. There not full grown yet though. My bronze is a bit bigger than the albinos though. But do I have to wait until there full grown to tell?

Back
Top Bottom