Breeding diff. varieties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HannahJo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering here-
Has anybody else experimented with breeding different varieties of platys (or mollies) together?
I am currently breeding (well not really- it's just happening) tons of different varieties of both platys and mollies.
I have my first surviving platy fry growing now so excited to see what colorations I have. My males are red wag and the females are painted, sun burst, and mickey mouse.
For mollies, I have a black molly male and dalmation molly females. The fry come out with variations- some are mostly black, some are mostly white, some are total dalmation, and I have 1 growing now that appears to be all black like the male.
So interesting! Anyway, let me know if anybody else has played around with this and if so tell me what you got! :D

Mine were mostly Green Lantern maybe also mixed with Green because they were not covered very much in black, and some Blue MM Platy which pretty much ended up being the same colors mainly towards blue and blue green but with a shadow MM on the tail fewer had a dark MM tail.

They are really stunning fish. Found them all homes as there were too many of them all the time!!!

Sounds like you are getting a fun variety. You should post some pics!!!

The ones I have been thinking of trying are called Dwarf Coral Platy. I know there are a few people in CAS who are breeding them and they are so bright and happy looking I might...

@Autumnsky the dwarfs are super cute!! I've never seen the green lantern platys before- VERY COOL :love:
I will post pics when they get a little bigger- I'm super excited to see how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom