Breeding Feeder Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20 females will keep your fish fed, especially if you have a grow out tank to put all the babies to fatten up. 30 - 40 half grown guppies would keep the Oscars well exercised!

ok whats the date 21st , so that 16 days
at least 12 out of 20 gupps r Up The Duff
had 1 female that was totally pale, so i've utilized her and a red/pearl coloured male together to try and get a clean coloured strain out of them...
the rest are sort of leopard tail colouring

one more thing
one of the other males is all red
but within a matter of seconds he can develop a big black spot between his abdomen and tail
it's definetly male, and i've never seen anything like it before..
and now it's gone again....
is this normal? or what the hecks going on

Well... They have things called Gambusia, or mosquito fish.

They are live bearers, you just need several large ones.

Ive seen females that looked like they were male, one possibility..Or maybe it was constipation..
thats what i thought at first, but it comes and goes,
then i thought a disease, but same thing... one minute it's there, the next it's not...
it's definetly on the outer flesh and not inside like the females organs are...
but still underneath the scales if u know what i mean...
Need sum batteries for the digicam so i can show u all.....

Update:
had approximatly 20 or so fry come so far, but not one guppy has made it to the Cichlid Tank yet,
As some of u may know I've got a tiny Black Ghost Knife in with my guppies, and I can confidfently say he's been knocking off alot of the female guppies, and they're fry.. I think i'll partition my main again for the BGK and move him up in the world.

Back
Top Bottom