Breeding fish in 15 gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryBarb123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at all my options for another tank. I would love to set up a breeding tank, and realistically I can only buy the one in addition to my current community set up. I know there are options like platies and guppies, but are there any fish for this sized set up that I could breed?

Ok, Thanks!

If I was to breed rams, would I be able to do it in the one tank? Could I plant it? Would it need to be plain?

How do you breed cories? Which cories would be best?

Are apistos hard to breed? Would kribs work?

Sorry that I have so many questions, I am not familiar with breeding fish :)

I would go bare bottom much easier to maintain with all those little wigglers
Also one pair or 1M2F for some
Not sure about what species of cories or how they breed but a lot of ppl get pairs from the little groups they have
I don't know what the minimum requirements are for kribs

The set up I'd go with is:
Sponge filter
Small HOB filter
75-100 watt heater
Thermometer
Extra air pump
Depends on what you decide but, clay pots, slate rock & moss

rams(and i think all other dwarf cichlids)have a minimum of 20 gallons. sorry. the fish you would be breeding would be alone,right? if so,i suggest african dwarf frogs,they are AWESOME

Thanks!

I heard something about some shell dwelling cichlids being able to be kept in smaller tanks? If this is true, are they easy to breed?

Thanks!

I heard something about some shell dwelling cichlids being able to be kept in smaller tanks? If this is true, are they easy to breed?

ive goy no experience with them,but from what ive read,yep

CherryBarb123 said:
Thanks!

Yes it should be possible

Thanks!

I just read that you can keep 5 of the smallest, most peaceful fish in a 10 gallon. Is this true?

This is one of the species I found:

Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Does anyone have any details or experience with these fish?

Back
Top Bottom