Breeding German Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got an M/F pair of German Gold Rams from south america. I'm not sure if it would be prudent to try to reduce the pH or not. It sits at 7.2 right now with a kH of 6-8 depending on the time of day. The other inhabitants that they will be with after QT are all S. American natives as well. I'm not sure if they will breed in my conditions. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Does anyone have any tips?

Mine breed in 7.2 but they were electric blue rams.
My GBR's bred in a 7.4 environment prolifically and amply. She put down a good 300 eggs, she covered a 4x4 inch piece of shale and then some. Id try and get the Kh down about 2-3 drops from what you are now.

South america has ALOT of natives, can you be more specific. Ive watched corydoras bum rush the nest and devour them all in seconds.

I've got neons, otos and a bn pleco. I'm going to take out the pleco when breeding time comes lol. I've had past experiences with hungry plecs.

Neons will get the eggs too. Mine used to distract the male while the female was laying(angels) and eat them as fast as she could drop them. It was sheer genius on the neons part and quite comical to watch.

Back
Top Bottom