Breeding info needed on serpae tetras!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ewe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 males and 4 females and I think they are breeding but idk. The male will chase the female and start shakeing kinda like it is danceing!!
Does that mean that they are breeding???!?!? Do they protect their babys??

The won't protect the babies. If they do breed I think they will scatter their eggs everywhere.

Do you think they will have a good chance of living there is 6 tetras and 3 silver dollars and a baby angle

If I remember correctly, tetras are egg scatterers, and chances are if the eggs even manage to hatch, they will get chowed on. I read an article about a guy who had a cherry barb breeding setup, and cherry barbs are also scatterers. He had to put something similar to egg grate in the bottom of the tank so the parents couldn't get to the eggs, and then when the parents were finished he removed them so the eggs had a chance.

Have serched the web for anything about serpae tetra breeding and have found nothing usefull!!!!! I also raise angles and there is TONS about them breeding!!!! I have bunches of questions!! Like...
Do the females get fat with eggs like angles do??
How soon untill they lay again?
At what age or relitive size do they start breeding??
Will the females always lay eggs even if there is no male??
What is a good ratio for males to females??
Do you keep them all together when they breed or do you split one male one female??

I got these fish and now I am wanting to learn how to raise them!! And judging one the amour of info on the web not alot of people breed them so it would mean a greater want!
I just wish there was more info on the web

What are these angles you keep mentioning? :confused:

All my tanks have angles too.... 90' angles. :p

I luv Angels, especially big adult Altums. :D

That's what I kinda thought to...

Lol angles are my fav to!!!!!!!
I have one breeding pair- female a marble male a black zebra- and then I just got one quarter size one for this tank idk what it is... I think it is a sunset one?

Will this morning I saw them "dancing" in one side of the tank so I put up the divider and when to church. When I got back they were no longer "dancing" so I moved them to the othe side of the tank. So we will see what happens by the end of tomorow!!!!! I also have the lights off and that side of the tank covered with towels cuz I read the eggs are very sisitive to light

The socking part about this is that I seems like no one has a clue how to breed them!! You have mall kinds of info for neons but very little on serpae!!! WHY????? They are a very popular dish you wuld think that their would be gobsof info on them! Most of the Internet sites say something like putkale and felmale in dark tank they spawn take them out 24 hours and eggs will hatch. Ya that's atleast giving me something but... I guess I will just have to do a lot more guess work and see what works:(

Back
Top Bottom