Breeding keyhole cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah thanks for that. The name just slipped me. I already have a RTS that's why he is going to be in the fifty. I got him when he was smaller. And of course he grew out of his tank so upgrading to a 50. Rams? Ill look them up. And why are you guys suggesting rainbow sharks instead? Just curious.

-Dylan

To be honest I think I might have a rainbow shark and not a red tail. He isn't as black as red tails should be.

-Dylan

Well, rainbow sharks tend to be less aggressive, but it all depends on the fish specific fish. Plus, I owned one for a while, and he was my favorite fish! And forester, when you start selling... Interview the client and make sure they have the right size tank, tankmates, and know about cycling. And Dylan, if you post a pic of him, I can probably identify whether it's a rainbow or red tail.

Yeah. Ill post one tomorrow. He isn't really that aggressive, tends to chase a fish or two now and then but now really aggressive.

-Dylan

Ya, it really depends on the fish. But African cichlids on the other hand... Not so much. But keyholes and rams and parrots are south American. So they're peaceful.

I decided, my two angelfish, that rainbow/red tail shark, two calico bristle nose plecos (preferably a breeding pair), two dwarf gourami, and one parrot fish or two. What do you guys think?

-Dylan

Hmm...
1. Are the angels a breeding pair?

2. One parrot fish

3. 1 gourami
The reason for two and three, is because pairs get aggressive and claim territory, and more then two in that size tank is a recipe for disaster. so you can pick... 2 gourami or two parrots?

4. The bristlenoses will be fine, as long as you get the breeding pair. They are in a different level of the tank and will be fine with the other fish. Don't get more then one if they aren't a breeding pair. This is because one will most likely become dominant and bully/starve the other.

Yeah I might stick to 2 dwarf gouramis. There so cool :)

-Dylan

From experience dwarf gouramis don't like each other and also you should get the type that is electric blue. If space is just your concern than why not get a 75 or a 90 then you could get ropefish.

Here are some pics of my ropefish.

Attachments

• image-2070898216.jpg
    image-2070898216.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2069546659.jpg
    image-2069546659.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image-4028218160.jpg
    image-4028218160.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 92
Back