Breeding Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Isaiah Adams

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone here have any experience or tips for breeding kribs? Stuff like how to get them to pair off and ideal spawning conditions is helpful. I am about to get 5 or 6 for my 29 gal. and breeding them seems like a fun new challenge. Thanks for any help!

As long as their water parameters are in the relative acceptability for them (Temp. 71-82°F; pH. Between around 7) they should breed readily once they pair off.They like flower pots as their caves, make sure they're fish safe, and feed them blood worms and they enjoy some artificial or live plant coverage, that worked well for me. Once they've begun breeding, I'd recommend removing the other fish, or make sure that the others have some fairly good hiding spots, since they become very aggressive and have a strong defense of their territory and their young, despite the fairly peaceful nature when not breeding. The parents will take care of the fry for a good while, as they will herd them around the tank once the become free swimming. Good Luck, they're a charm to have in the tank and breeding them is very rewarding and offers a fairly easy process!

P.S. once the fry are in their herd and swimming around, I would feed them Micro worms placed closely to the pack, then very small flakes once they are large enough for them.

Back
Top Bottom