Breeding Lyretail Guppies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
So I went to PETCO and They didn't have any Fancy Guppies in stock like I had wanted. They them introduced me to a new Guppy they just got. It is called a Lyretail Guppy. I don't know anything about them. I would like help sexing them. And I would also like to breed them. Any help with that would be helpful..
thanks,
Maddy..:confused::fish1:

When I put them into my tank(after it is done being heated[just got my heater]) I will post some pics and hopefully my fish lovin friends will be able to help me! :)

Lyre-Tail guppies are really beautiful fish and they came in a lot of varieties. You can breed them with other lyre-tails to keep the tail pure or you can cross breed them with a fancy guppy to get some unusual tail on the guppies. Those look like swallow-tails. My friend that cross breeds says that the lyre-tail males should be bred with the fancy guppy female to produce to swallow tail look. She has given me 3 and they are gorgeous.

lynmccoy said:
Lyre-Tail guppies are really beautiful fish and they came in a lot of varieties. You can breed them with other lyre-tails to keep the tail pure or you can cross breed them with a fancy guppy to get some unusual tail on the guppies. Those look like swallow-tails. My friend that cross breeds says that the lyre-tail males should be bred with the fancy guppy female to produce to swallow tail look. She has given me 3 and they are gorgeous.

I know this is a old thread but, Swallow tails? I want some pics :] I was wondering what would happen when I breed my male lyre to my fancy tail females.

I don't have a digital camera or I would take pictures of the ones I have. I loaned mine to a relative to take on vacation and it got stepped on and broken. I was promised a replacement but that was last summer. I don't loan things out anymore,cause I am tired of learning the hard way about trust. The cross between a lyretail and a fancy tail makes a beautiful guppy.

Oh I know full well about that, whenever we loan things to my siblings they end up broken. We loaned a camera to my Brother and he lost it :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom