breeding my guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guppy gave birth Monday night and after most of the fish went on a feeding frenzy....seems all the big fish are bored with guppy babies on the menu, so now I have about 10 swimming in there and the other fish not even in the mood to go chasing after them.......for now ;-)

good job make sure to take them out of the main tank.

good job make sure to take them out of the main tank.

Well Im going to keep 7 have them already in the aquahome....so when they a month or so old I will be donating them to my kids kindergarten since they have 2 community tanks there. My LFS also glad take whatever I dont need.

Well Im going to keep 7 have them already in the aquahome....so when they a month or so old I will be donating them to my kids kindergarten since they have 2 community tanks there. My LFS also glad take whatever I dont need.

that sound GREAT

I quite like having multiple female guppies in my tank. I have around 10 and I rarely see babies (not that I care, all my current females are from my own breeding of them), I presume that the baby guppies are simply live food for my fish.

If you have them all in a tank together, Mother Nature took over the breeding process for you. They are the bunnies of the fish world.

Haha no worries, like most people say, soon you will be wonder if they'll ever stop breeding. :p Just throwing it out there though, with some guppies like the one I have, she didn't get any black until the week before she dropped. Her gravid spot was like a transparent yellow. This was right when you could start to see the fry eyes, and only at an angle for my gup. Because of the color, it was hard to see if she was pregnant at first or just getting fat from being a piggy...she can eat. Also for fry protection, I tied some raffia ribbon in the tank. It worked wonders since I can't get many plants locally.

Attachments

• DSCN4211 (2).JPG
    DSCN4211 (2).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom