breeding neon tera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maverick977

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there an ez way of doing this and I know it can be hard but what do I have to do hold a watering can over the tank or could I just feed them rich live foods some one must have like a tetra for dummies book out there somewhere

"In captivity, Neon tetras are considered quite difficult to spawn, especially among hobby aquarists since it can be hard to achieve perfect water conditions."

Here's more info too: Neon Tetra Breeding And Care (if you scroll down there's an area under "breeding;" They need really soft water to breed so that could be part of the difficulty. Good luck.

Actualy I found out neons and cardinals are in the same group so im a try to god forbid hate me if you will breed them both im looking for a bigger tetra so I think if I breed the biggest female cardinal with the biggest male blue it would work because im thinking if real life picture this blues are picky about water im sure reds are also but like humans women will not mate unless there in the mood (lol) and males don't care to much so ill see is the male blue don't really care as much

Let me know what you think and I don't wana hear I souldnt play god because im sure its already happend but no ones said a thing about it

Plenty of cover from plants and soft water is what im getting from what ive read

I don't know about cross-breeding neons and cardianls if that is what you are contemplating.

In order to breed either species:

Separate males from females in their own tank. Then feed only high quality and live foods. Then, after a week or two of conditioning, add a single pair into the spawning tank. The spawning tank should be warm (80-82) and have peat filtration, dim lighting, and lots of plants. Then wait for spawning.

Where I'm from the water is naturally very soft because the land is just thick with peat.

Hey can you somehow scan or copy it to this forum here is cool as I'm very keen on this I've tried but failed countless times I got bristle nose cats to breed as well as guppies my mountain clouds are currently breeding now she just started dropping her eggs

Back
Top Bottom