Breeding pair of oscars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t27countryboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone,I have been into another site and reading about oscars.In this article it said that If you have had two oscARS and they were together since they were about 1 inch long and they are now at 8 inches long and they have always been right beside each other since they were little and are always swimming around with each other that you probably have a breeding pair of oscars.Do you think that this is a correct statement??

dont know but I hope so. My oscars have been no more than a fin away from each other and they are about 4 1/2"

that sounds pretty harsh but since they are big fish they will have LOTS of eggs and since their so emotional they might have arguments....... lol :D :roll:

they have always been right beside each other since they were little and are always swimming around with each other that you probably have a breeding pair of oscars.Do you think that this is a correct statement??

not really,
for females and males it's correct (duh)
but females and females do that to, and quite often they'll drop eggs, but they'll never be fertilised, because, obviously, you need a male..
one thing to note, male and male, do NOT swim like that..
so you've either got a pair, or just two females..

Back
Top Bottom