Breeding rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldeenTrix9898

Aquarium Advice Activist
To be clear,I have no experience in breeding.

A few days ago I added Indian Almond leaves to my 5 gallon tank, which houses RCS, lambchop rasboras and a Betta. When the water started turning brown, I noticed a much increased level of activity in the raasboras. I figured they just liked the water.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up the morning and found these two guys doing this!! I read that this is egg laying behaviour, and I'm gal that they like the new water, but now I'm worried that I don't know how to deal with egg laying and fry. I haven't seen any eggs yet, but with 8 lambchops swimming around constantly trying to lay eggs I'm sure I'll find some pretty soon.

What do I need to do to have the best rate of fry survival? Will the parents eat the babies? Will the egg be OK with a Betta and shrimp in the tank? Do I need a quarantine tank of sorts?

Sometimes all we need is a few extra bubbles

Attachments

• 1429421117930.jpg
    1429421117930.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 82
the parents will eat the fry so will the beta and you will need the fry in a different tank, i would spawn them in there tank. there is a lot to learn, so do your research, (google)

Back
Top Bottom