Breeding setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew123795

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I have a ten gallon and a 3 gallon at my disposal. Here's what I was thinking:

3 gal- 1 male turquoise guppy and 2 female fancy guppies

10 gal- grow out tank for guppy fry

I just wanted to try my hand at breeding so I thought guppies would be a good start.

Sounds OK to me but be advised I'm no expert on guppies.

I'm doing tiger endlers now. And I have a 10g for the males and females, A marina hang on breeding box for fry birthing and fry growth and a 10 gallon on the bottom of the rack for fry grow out.

Your set up sounds good to me. I don't know if guppies will be happy in 3 gallons or not though.

I highly recommend the hang on breeder boxes

Okay thank you very much I just wanted to run it by some people first

Hmm how does the box move water in and out? Or do you do that yourself

I want one now that looks really cool. The only problem I'd have is what if I'm not around when the female gives birth?

I want one now that looks really cool. The only problem I'd have is what if I'm not around when the female gives birth?

It comes with this V shaped trough that has slits in it. Just place that in there add gravid female and when the fry are born they swim through the grate and are safe until you remove the female.

Give me two shakes and I'll post a picture for you

fcaMJY5.jpg

Okay it looks good! I'll buy one as soon as I can. One completely random question thoug.

I'm turning to breeding guppies because all my betas died recently from dropsy. I want to sterilize the tank but don't know what the best method to do that is. Any suggestions?

Okay it looks good! I'll buy one as soon as I can. One completely random question thoug.

I'm turning to breeding guppies because all my betas died recently from dropsy. I want to sterilize the tank but don't know what the best method to do that is. Any suggestions?

I'll be happy to PM you my thoughts.

You may also want to create a new thread in the "getting started" I believe it's called forum

Just wanted to say that I like your setup. Maybe when you get more fry, get a bigger tank than a 3 gallon. I guess that I would be considered a 'guppy expert' because I have been doing this for awhile, and I know what I am doing. I have a 5.5 gallon as the 'birthing tank,' and the 'fry tank,' and a 10 gallon for my adult guppies, and if I want to selectively breed I use a breeder box. Ig you have any questions, just ask. :)

Back
Top Bottom