Breeding Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

springy14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, ive seem many experienced people using these big long tanks divided into lots of little tanks for breeding purposes. Can you buy these already built ie 4 7.5G tanks as one structure each with its own heater/filter etc. Also any comments on:
*Setup
*Equipment (foam filters will be used in each)
*Any good starter fish to try breed in them, Ie Cory's, RCS

I have a fair bit of experience with a 180L community tank and a 40L Guppy tank, so i have bread Guppy's if that counts!
Cheers
Andy:)

So, cories can be sorta hard... You need to feed them very protein rich foods and change the water so that it is colder. There are some really good articles out there that you could read. RCS, are easy and won't need that much space. Another option are cichlids. I would suggest maybe bolivians... Hopefully some others will chime in and tell you some ideas too. The set up will be up to the type of fish that you choose! Good luck!

Fantastic thank you will put that into use, do you know anything about the tanks themselves ? Can't even find a name for them closest ice research is a breeding cube which is a single tank

The first thing to do is figure out why you are breeding them. If its for resale then it's best to figure out what species are desirable enough to resell, and then figure out what will work in the tanks you have.

I'm not familiar with that type of tank in particular, but it's not too hard to take a single tank and silicone in dividers. I've never done this because I have a lot of small tanks, but if I had a space issue I probably would.

Back
Top Bottom