Brine shrimp hatching.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lezned16

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anything I should know about growing brine shrimp. Going to have free swimming angelfish in 5 days or so. This is new for me

Anything I should know about growing brine shrimp. Going to have free swimming angelfish in 5 days or so. This is new for me

You want to try to time the hatching of your brine shrimp so that you can feed your fry the shrimp at no more than 6 hours old. As the shrimp hatch, they use up most of the nutrients you are using shrimp for on themselves growing. By using NEWLY hatched brine shrimp, you are getting more nutritious food for your fry.
I also am breeding Angels and I use a 3 bottle system for the shrimp. I set one up for the morning feeding, 1 for the afternoon and a 3rd for the evening feeding. I don't start a bottle until the appropriate time. This way, I am always feeding NEWLY hatched shrimp.

Hope this helps (y)

As a fish farmer, I used to hatch up to 500g of artemia cysts per day. I harvested the baby shrimp (nauplii) and put them into very cold salt water. This slows the development right down, so they keep the goodness in for longer, so you save time and effort needed for multiple hatches. Be sure to aerate the holding container though to keep the nauplii suspended.

If you keep them in warm water, they will quickly use up their yolk sac, which is where all the goodness is.

Back
Top Bottom