bristlenose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silllywilly86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will a Longfin albino bristlenose breed with a normal albino bristlenose?

Can't tell you from any first hand experience as mine are still growing and not mature yet, but from my research, I'd say put in some driftwood (they need it for digestion), add several caves so they have options, give them some cucumber or zuchini, and lastly makes a few small cool water changes to represent the rainy season. I'm not sure if that makes a difference for plecos but it works for other fish so good luck! :D

Shouldn't affect them much. It won't stay cold for long...assuming you have a heater? And you don't make it ice cold, just a little cool.

My bristlenose male is sitting in one hole pf a piece of coral I have and fanning his fins. Does this mean babies?

I can't see in the hole and I'm too nervous to reach in and move it. But ya, he's keeping others away

So I'm not sure on the days he has been guarding this hole. Do you think it is safe to clean the tank right now or wait till I see the fry? I'm getting anxious about this

Back
Top Bottom