Bristlenose breeding tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look really nice when they are young but lose a lot of color with age :( they still remain as one of my favorite looking fish though :D

Oh I didn't know that they lose color, usually fish are born clear and gain color, at least in my experience ^^

FwA said:
They look really nice when they are young but lose a lot of color with age :( they still remain as one of my favorite looking fish though :D

Ya I still think their cute even if they don't have much color. Like my pinkies ;) but those are beautiful!

How long has it been, any babies yet?

No, but today or tomorrow definitely (in assuming you asked me) ^^ ^^ ^^

I'm about to go check. My friend brought me round an anti fungal medicine and that seems to be helping dad keep the fungus off the good eggs coz he just wouldn't eat them and it kept spreading fast.

The eggs are still in a big clump looking no different. :( I hope they start hatching today. What signs should I look for to tell?

I'd expect the egg to start looking clearer, or being able to see the babies eyes a few hours before the hatching ^^ (it's only an educated guess, so don't quote me or anything, I just wanted to try to help) ^^

FwA said:
The eggs are still in a big clump looking no different. :( I hope they start hatching today. What signs should I look for to tell?[/QUOTE

Di you have albino?

I looked up what they would look like and it seems that they come out the same color as they eggs then they start changing colors later? I'm not too sure, but they all looked yellow, with the yoke sacks attached.

Yea it's frustrating. Plenty of orange eggs left there, so they should be fertile and ok. But they still just in a clump. My tank temp is 24c. Could that be affecting it?

FwA said:
Yea it's frustrating. Plenty of orange eggs left there, so they should be fertile and ok. But they still just in a clump. My tank temp is 24c. Could that be affecting it?

Everything I have read said between 72-78(22-27) for BNs. Sounds right to me, but that's what I have read. I am still researching it ;)

Thanks for the confirmation. I been reading heaps myself but googling anything specific on bristlenose breeding just brings up how to breed bristlenose in general :( filtering through so much repeated info is annoying :(

That is exactly what I went through with the guppy research!!!

Starting your own forum post seems to be the best solution I've found :)

I already know all the guppy stuff now, it's too late to post —_____—

FwA said:
Thanks for the confirmation. I been reading heaps myself but googling anything specific on bristlenose breeding just brings up how to breed bristlenose in general :( filtering through so much repeated info is annoying :(

Agreed. Though if they keep at it you'll eventually get fry ;) How many days has it been so far?
I say the best way to learn is hands on. If it fails, find out what went wrong and try again. Though I didn't see too many on here or at least on this thread that has actually bred them.

Eggs are 6 days old now. That's what's worrying me.
So temped to put them into a tumbler but it is his first time and everyone saying leave him to learn.

FwA said:
Eggs are 6 days old now. That's what's worrying me.
So temped to put them into a tumbler but it is his first time and everyone saying leave him to learn.

I agree with that.

As far as I can see, still a few good eggs?
Not the clearest pics as had to zoom but best I could get. Any opinions?

Attachments

• image-512360474.jpg
    image-512360474.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4204736934.jpg
    image-4204736934.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3165684190.jpg
    image-3165684190.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image-1862151018.jpg
    image-1862151018.jpg