Bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a pair of breeding plecos from my lfs and put them in with my female. Now they spawned and I have a bunch of baby plecos. It's been two or three weeks now and I've only seen my male a couple times. Would he be back in his caves spawning again or should I check it out?

My other questions is when I do I water change, will my baby pleco's stay below the water line or just stay on the glass and filter outlet?

I have 6 albino fry and about 16 normal ones that I have counted. I was wondering if a red marble would spawn with my regular pleco's ad come out with some fry being marbled and some normal.

I am following. I would like to breed BN plecos. What is your tank stocked with?

I just have a 35 with one male and two females and 5 Cories. Temp is at 80. I had 5 hy511 tetras in the tank and my two kribs when they spawned but I put the hy511 in my 110 and the kribs into their own 20.

ok I was wondering if the fry would be ok with other fish or if they would be a snack...

If they can fit in the mouth it will most likely be a snack.

Does anyone know what to do though? I stil haven't seen him and I don't want him breaking down in my tank and I don't want to disturb him if he is having more.

its ok to look for him he will still take care of the eggs if there are any. usually i have to take the baby's out before mine will spawn agian. i breed mine in there own tank by them self's. you can even take the eggs out and transfer them to another tank if u want to. yes other fish will eat the fry if they can get them.

If he has dug underneath one of my ornaments and I don't put it back on right will he still tend to any eggs if he has any?

I would also like to breed BN plecos. One of mine is almost twice the size of the other. Neither have the "bristles" though. Can you tell which one is a female by this?

the males have a bunch of wiskers or bristles on the top of the nose area. pm me with any questions i can helpu with any time i have been breeding them for a long time

So I looked and he waant in there from what I could see. Then I couldn't find him in my tank. I didn't move my rock ledge or anything. But I guess he could have dug underneath one at the back.

yes he very well could have it seams like the males like to hide more than the females and attract them into there caves they dig

Ya he passed away, he made a home under the base of my rock ledge and past away with a batch of eggs... I don't know if he starved or someone pushed sand in the way... But my water didn't spike or anything... But my snails have multiplied like crazy...

Ya he passed away, he made a home under the base of my rock ledge and past away with a batch of eggs... I don't know if he starved or someone pushed sand in the way... But my water didn't spike or anything... But my snails have multiplied like crazy...

Awghhh...nawghhh...so sorry....:confused: do you know what the cause was?

Back
Top Bottom