Bronze Cory Cats laid lots of eggs.. What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright, my 25 gal tank just cycled and I added three broze cory cats. That was on Saturday. It seemed as though two of them were doing what I thought was a mating dance even though they had just moved to a new tank and where very stressed. Well I guess they need to do what they need to do. Nature calls.

I just saw a ton of eggs all over the DW. They are in little sacks in clutches of 20 or so. Tiny white eggs. There are at least 9 of these sacks, probably more that I can't see! They are currently the only fish in the tank besides to amano shrimp and a few snails.

The temp is 79-80.

So if any hatch, what should I do with them?

Alright, my 25 gal tank just cycled and I added three broze cory cats. That was on Saturday. It seemed as though two of them were doing what I thought was a mating dance even though they had just moved to a new tank and where very stressed. Well I guess they need to do what they need to do. Nature calls.

I just saw a ton of eggs all over the DW. They are in little sacks in clutches of 20 or so. Tiny white eggs. There are at least 9 of these sacks, probably more that I can't see! They are currently the only fish in the tank besides to amano shrimp and a few snails.

The temp is 79-80.

So if any hatch, what should I do with them?

Are you sure they aren't snail eggs?

Well don't they lay them at the water line?

I don't know. My nerites lay them all over the place. Mystery snails lay them above the water line. I don't know what pond snails do. I just wanted to throw out that possibility. It's definitely worthy of googling Cory cat reproduction and snail egg laying habits.

Just googled it.

And they are pond snail eggs. Crap. Gotta get rid on those.

Man, I was hoping they were cary cat eggs. Oh well haha

Oh noooooooo :( But hey! At least you don't have to worry bout having to rush to get baby fish food for now :D

Back
Top Bottom