Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

bumblebee cichlid laid eggs tonight

hi guys my bumblebee laid eggs tonight and is now carrying them .
i have an all bumblebee aquartium at the moment theres around 10 altogether

what would be the best course of action now as i want to keep the fry ?

should i move her into her own tank or should i leave her in the main aquarium ?
how long will it be before she spits the fry ? and once she does will the other bumblebees eat them ?

Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I would remove her to care for them till she spits them then remove her and let the fry get to be a good inch or two before trying to add them back to the tank or sell um.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

ok thanks andrew i moved her to a 3tf barebottomed tank with a sponge filter and airstone . shes had them 7 days now so im guessing she should be spitting them by around 7th 8th deceber . how much do they usually sell for as i got them off a friend and i also been to 6-7 diffrent aquatic shops in a 10mile radius and they never got any in . i usually go to maidenhead aquatics as they have around 5 diffrent stores i go to . thats pretty easy for me to get to as i dont drive lol
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcichlid87
ok thanks andrew i moved her to a 3tf barebottomed tank with a sponge filter and airstone . shes had them 7 days now so im guessing she should be spitting them by around 7th 8th deceber . how much do they usually sell for as i got them off a friend and i also been to 6-7 diffrent aquatic shops in a 10mile radius and they never got any in . i usually go to maidenhead aquatics as they have around 5 diffrent stores i go to . thats pretty easy for me to get to as i dont drive lol
Have you asked the stores if they will buy them? I don't have any stores that will buy them around me, but some of them will take them. If your trying to sell them at around an inch and a half to a store they probably won't give you but a few dollars for them. If you are selling them to someone the stores around me sell them at those same sizes for around $8. If I was you is look into on what the stores around you sell them for. Just do a Google search for those stores to see. By the way I live in the U.S not sure where your from
Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

im from the uk . no noone sells the fish they never seem to have them in stock anyways when they rarley have them they sell them for around £8 so similar price althougth the pound is more then a dollar i think im not too sure ..

Tags
cichlid, egg, eggs, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com