bumblebee cichlid laid eggs tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingcichlid87

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys my bumblebee laid eggs tonight and is now carrying them .
i have an all bumblebee aquartium at the moment theres around 10 altogether

what would be the best course of action now as i want to keep the fry ?

should i move her into her own tank or should i leave her in the main aquarium ?
how long will it be before she spits the fry ? and once she does will the other bumblebees eat them ?

I would remove her to care for them till she spits them then remove her and let the fry get to be a good inch or two before trying to add them back to the tank or sell um.

ok thanks andrew i moved her to a 3tf barebottomed tank with a sponge filter and airstone . shes had them 7 days now so im guessing she should be spitting them by around 7th 8th deceber . how much do they usually sell for as i got them off a friend and i also been to 6-7 diffrent aquatic shops in a 10mile radius and they never got any in . i usually go to maidenhead aquatics as they have around 5 diffrent stores i go to . thats pretty easy for me to get to as i dont drive lol

Kingcichlid87 said:
ok thanks andrew i moved her to a 3tf barebottomed tank with a sponge filter and airstone . shes had them 7 days now so im guessing she should be spitting them by around 7th 8th deceber . how much do they usually sell for as i got them off a friend and i also been to 6-7 diffrent aquatic shops in a 10mile radius and they never got any in . i usually go to maidenhead aquatics as they have around 5 diffrent stores i go to . thats pretty easy for me to get to as i dont drive lol

Have you asked the stores if they will buy them? I don't have any stores that will buy them around me, but some of them will take them. If your trying to sell them at around an inch and a half to a store they probably won't give you but a few dollars for them. If you are selling them to someone the stores around me sell them at those same sizes for around $8. If I was you is look into on what the stores around you sell them for. Just do a Google search for those stores to see. By the way I live in the U.S not sure where your from

im from the uk . no noone sells the fish they never seem to have them in stock anyways when they rarley have them they sell them for around £8 so similar price althougth the pound is more then a dollar i think im not too sure ..

Back
Top Bottom