can fry have fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappieBridget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have almost 2 week old fry and I swear they were already mating! I noticed yesterday, it looked just like grow up fish. It was really funny to watch. The one was chasing the other and then it looked like they were standing next to each other with one's tail curved around pointing at the other. Silly little fry, lol. They can't have babies already can they? :uhoh:

cappieBridget said:
I have almost 2 week old fry and I swear they were already mating! I noticed yesterday, it looked just like grow up fish. It was really funny to watch. The one was chasing the other and then it looked like they were standing next to each other with one's tail curved around pointing at the other. Silly little fry, lol. They can't have babies already can they? :uhoh:
what kind of fry? species of fish?

duh! Sorry, platy fry. I don't know if they are just platy or platy swordtail mix yet. I say that because they mother was platy but I have a male swordtail that loves to mate with her but I think she was already preggo when I bought her because it doesn't look like the fry have swordtails but they are still little to be able to tell. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom