can i cross breed.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had dempsey and convict crosses that bred back fertile. I bought some offspring way back that were supposed to be dempsey and salvini and they certainly looked like it when they matured. I am not a fan of these types of hybrids. There is nothing good that can come of it and ethically, at least for me, it is wrong. But everyone has an opinion.

you dont think a beautiful fish is something good.

Of course I do. The subject and question of hybridizing goes way beyond looks. It has been debated to death. Many of us, especially people who have bred fish commercially do not like it. It would take a whole new thread in the forum to discuss why. And for every reason I might give why I think it is wrong there will be someone to answer with a reason why it is good to them. And it will never be resolved. And as long as customers go into aquarium shops and buy the ugly hybrids that are available now then they will continue to be bred and sold. My opinion matters naught. :)

And as long as customers go into aquarium shops and buy the ugly hybrids that are available now then they will continue to be bred and sold.
though how many of those customers really know what they are buying anways?

Back
Top Bottom