Can I put my swordtail fry in the main tank with the mother?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henri

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Everyone!
This is the first time my fish had fry, so I actually have a couple of questions. Anyways, the one that is bugging me the most is the one in the title. It's been excactly a month now, my fry were born in June 25th, can I put them in the main tank (cycled) with the mother? Is it safe for them? The fry look healthy and eat normally.
Thanks!

I would say your fine, as long as they are bout an inch you should be able to put them in the tank with the mother. Good luck id love to see some pics of them!

if there big enough not to fit in her mouth there fine

Hey Guys!
Yes, they're about 3cm long, Im not affraid of getting gobbled up by the mother, but is there any chance that she might bug/bully them?
Here are some pictures, unfortunately only two are alive, that's all I could save because the mother gave birth Unexpectedly in the main tank :(...

Attachments

• The  baby.jpg
    The baby.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 116
  • The other  baby.jpg
    The other baby.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 93
No babies stick to the surface n mom will stick to the middle so u should be fine, the only thing that might cause bullying would be food, but i had sordtails once n they never faught so ur good

Back
Top Bottom