Cichlid babies HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so my Kenyi just had babies with a Demasoni. We got three of them in a jar. We have a 3 gallon tank unused. We're going to put the babies in it. How long does the tank have to be running and is the tank to big. What food do I need. Any other help is great! Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

My cichlids did this too, but I put them in with my 50+ guppy fry in a 10 gallon tank. Your tank size should be good, but just make it a bare bottom tank. Much easier to work with. my fiancee and I have a filter running at all times, but we still clean the bottom of the tank every day. Also, try going to you LFS and find a food called "First Bites". I use this on all of my fry and they all are healthy and any that have grown to adult size are healthy and breeding. Hope this helps.

My cichlids did this too, but I put them in with my 50+ guppy fry in a 10 gallon tank. Your tank size should be good, but just make it a bare bottom tank. Much easier to work with. my fiancee and I have a filter running at all times, but we still clean the bottom of the tank every day. Also, try going to you LFS and find a food called "First Bites". I use this on all of my fry and they all are healthy and any that have grown to adult size are healthy and breeding. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I will try to find it. im just worried about the middle stages. once they out grow this tank id have to put them directly into my main tank. that may be okay because im selling my more agressive fish. I thought this was a very peculiar hybrid though. Never heard of a Kenyi Demasoni hybrid!

Great looking cichlids! I wish you the best of luck with the fry :) hope I helped :)

Back
Top Bottom