Cichlid eggs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Master_core

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I woke up today to find little brownish balls tumbling around in my tank. About 2 dozen of them. The only thing I imagine it could be is Cichlid eggs from my pair of cerviceps cichlids. Can anyone help me identify these?? And is there anything I should be doing??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-1593008541.jpg
    image-1593008541.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3387711942.jpg
    image-3387711942.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image-842148973.jpg
    image-842148973.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 100
Is there anything else in the tank besides the Curviceps? Just curious. They look like pretty big eggs. I've never seen eggs that float though.

Nope no kids. I have 3 serpae tetras, 2 curviceps cichlids, a platinum Molly, a black ghost knife, a columbian shark and a pleco. The pair of curviceps have been getting a little aggressive towards each other and have been changing colours tho.

Hmmm... only reason I asked about kids is because it looks like something that somebody has thrown in there. Never seen eggs float. I'm curious to see if anyone has any insight on this. My vote is that they're something from outside the tank.... but who knows?

Yeah, I just can't seem to figure out what it an be. I'm the only one that looks after the fish (feeding, water chacnges) so I don't think it can be anything from outside the tank. But some are floating and some are sinking. I'm truly stumped.

That's what I was thinking too. But I went on google and searched Cichlid eggs and similar images came up.

Where you by any chance eating reeses or coco puffs around your tank at some point??? :suspicious: rofl!

To find out what it is I say take one out of the take. See what it feels like etc. So you can determine if it is an egg. But wow eggs that float?

that will be some fish if they are eggs lol as they are far to big for cichlids what you keeping its not a great white is it

I have no clue, but interested in knowing when you do find out, thats all I need is a mystery item in my tank...

Back
Top Bottom