Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Clueless with Congos

I got a pair of Congo Tetras from my LFS about 2 weeks ago. The only fish I have parenting experience with are guppies. I saw that their colors had changed and had gotten darker and richer. Then the larger Congo (the male) started chasing the female around the tank like she stole something. When he finally caught up with her - Congo Sutra time...

That has been going on for several days. When I did a little research, I found this to be normal breeding behavior. My question is this... I've now got a film on the front pane of glass on my tank. Upon closer inspection this clear film is actually lots (hundreds) of tiny little dots that seem stuck to the glass, but sway in the water. Are those the eggs? If so, what can I do to help ensure some actually make it out alive?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

could you post a picture

Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This pic is terrible, but that's because they are swaying in the current. That is a very close up (1"). The white area at the bottom is my gravel. Those things are all over the front of my glass, and they weren't there this morning when I left for work. I'm hoping that they are indeed eggs, but not sure what to do if they actually are. I've only dealt with guppies... Google, here I come...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1630.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	68748  

Tags
breeding help, freshwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com