convict cichilid breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coaldrake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Want to breed as many as possible as i think convict chichilids would be rhe best feeders for my cod as he gets bigger tank siZe temp any advice would be appreciated thanks

Want to breed as many as possible as i think convict chichilids would be rhe best feeders for my cod as he gets bigger tank siZe temp any advice would be appreciated thanks

Why do you want to breed convicts only to feed them to another fish. Why them?

What does this mean "as he gets bigger tank siZe temp?"

On a nother thead ive been told they would be the biggest fastest breedig fish that is easy to keep eventually im gunna need atleast 5 to 10 a week as he gets bigger means the. cod only 4 inch atm but he will get over the foot in a few months and eat like crazy

i thought of that too but for angels. seperate the babies before thwy got too big. good idea a murray cods gets big though around 10-15lbs or bigger right.

why is a waste? my lfs wont even take or sell convicts. since they are a fast and stable breeder i dont see a problem with it. i cant get guppies to breed so i got platys and mollies. i never have to worry about being over populated cause my angels eat them right away.

Yea i dunno people got shy on info once they found out there feeders but here in aus there noxius fish in sydney

I've done research on feeder fish as I wanted to raise some feeders at one time myself. Convicts are quick breeders as we all know and i found out they are much more nutritious than livebearers, minnows and goldfish. Goldfish being the worst. Don't forget to gutload the feeders with a good flake before you use them to maximize your feedings. Frozen and freeze dried and commercial prepared foods are still the most nutritious.

Dont get me wrong i think there cool thats why i wouldnt mind keeping a pair what else could i do with the babys as said before fishshops wont buy them any ideas on a better feeder i havent had any success with goldfish

They are a really fun and interesting cichlid to keep and watch. But if your going to keep a pair that always becomes a question. "What do I do with all these fry". And the little buggers start breeding so young lol, they don't even grow much and there is fry everywhere.

Sounds like the best feeder/cool looking tank combo ive heard of

the only problem i could see is the the cod might eat mom and dad or the parents protecting their babies so much your cod wouldnt be able to get any so you might wanna look into another 20gal for tge convicts

the only problem i could see is the the cod might eat mom and dad or the parents protecting their babies so much your cod wouldnt be able to get any so you might wanna look into another 20gal for tge convicts

Yea sorry they will have the 20 gal buy themselves the cods got a 250gal n my archer fish have a 75 gal cycleing for them right now but they still in the 20 atm

Back
Top Bottom