Convict fry are free swimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFreaks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
should we remove them? i was thinking maybe we should put them in our 15 g. i dont want them to get eaten. just yet anyways. if so is there any special way we should acclimate them and prepare the tank/filter so they dont get sucked up into it?

cover up the filter intake with a sponge or a filter cover from your lfs, so it still filters but wont suck your fry in

congratulations!!!! its always great to find some new swimming babies in the tank :D

should we remove them?

No need to remove them, unless you've got alot of other tankmates. The convicts are great parents. Nothing will be able to get close to those babies without them beating it off. In return, the will not eat the fry, unless on accident. They are probably better with the parents then if you were to move them.

well there are other tankmates, and yes they are keeping them away from the fry. ive put pantyhose over the intake tube on the filter, i would like to remove them and let them grow, then use them for feeders and hopefully i will get another pair out of them.

well right now we only have room to use them as feeders, i suppose i could sell a few, if anyone wants them lol. should we put them in breeder net or just put them into the tank?

thanks but nevermind that idea, the male just bit me about 8 times. he swam up to me and just kept pecking lol. ill never try that again

thanks guys i managed to scoop up 17 i counted, and theres still tons to go :) i have them in a breeder net in th 15g, and i will put pantyhose over the filter once i let them out of the net. thanks for all the info guys. also i have fry powder food that i soak in water and then put into the aquarium.

Good luck selling them here they are like goldfish you find them in every store for about $1-2

Back
Top Bottom