Cory breeding-eggs found on tank wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisalola

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found eggs on my tank wall this evening and after having done a little bit of research online I think I have narrowed it down to cory eggs. I have x ray tetra and chilli rasbora in the tank as well but I'm pretty sure it's not their eggs. I am however not sure if they're fertilised or not and if they are what is the best approach to ensure they're survival? I would be grateful if anyone could have a look at the attached photos and let me know what they think.

Many thanks

Lisa

I found eggs on my tank wall this evening and after having done a little bit of research online I think I have narrowed it down to cory eggs. I have x ray tetra and chilli rasbora in the tank as well but I'm pretty sure it's not their eggs. I am however not sure if they're fertilised or not and if they are what is the best approach to ensure they're survival? I would be grateful if anyone could have a look at the attached photos and let me know what they think.

Many thanks

Lisa
Hi Lisa and welcome to AA. If they are cory eggs(no picture shown) you need to remove them to a breeding net or trap. I use a plastic breeding trap. They can be prone to fungus. I used to change the water in the trap, twice a day. No big deal, just lift the trap up from the water. It is most likely not all the eggs are fertilized. The ones that are solid white are not fertilized. They usually hatch around 4-5 days. The sooner you remove them the better, if not the Cory's and other fish will eat the eggs....
They are very sticky, so you can use a glass scrapper and very gently remove them. I also use a pair of tweezers and even my fingers!!!

Back
Top Bottom