Cory catfish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What to do with the cory eggs

• Gently remove with finger onto plastic plant leaf to another tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep eggs in &add more plants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itskatieebaby23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do cory catfish eggs & parents absolutely need to be separated..? I've read so many things saying they need to(only one that said its fine if there's plants??) & I agreed with separating so I always moved my eggs into a different aquarium. The thing is the eggs were never actually fertilized.. This time at least a dozen trial batches of eggs later, something is different. I saw the male dancing with the female in they l that "t"position. I swear he fertilized them this time. Also there's at least 3x more eggs than usual. Biggest thing I noticed.... The parents haven't touched the eggs what so ever since they were laid a day &a half ago. The eggs are always usually eaten up in less than a couple hours... Is it possible I can just leave the eggs. Or is that A horrible idea.

Attachments

• Snapchat-911610934.jpg
    Snapchat-911610934.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 24
All depends on how many fry you want.
I had C sterbai that would eat their eggs right after laying them or later when searching for a place to lay more. I had Albino aneus that spewed eggs everywhere and never touched them. The aneus were from very old domesticated lines while my sterbai were either F2 or F3 from wild. I did get sterbai fry when I removed the eggs. I got less fry when I left the eggs in the tank with the breeders with the plants they laid on. I did not get aneus fry. So it is not ABSOLUTELY required to remove, it can up your chances of more fry tho. (y)

Back
Top Bottom