Cory eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GCPickle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some advice - I just found this site/forum and joined because although I have had freshwater tanks for years I have never had my catfish lay eggs.

My very large female cory statred depositing eggs all over the tank last night. There must be 200 !!!!! Anyway I have just read that I must remove tthe eggs from the big tank and the other fish. I have a small 10 gallon tank I could use as a "nurserytank" but I am unsure about removing them from the tank walls.

I don't want to harm them. Also long will she continue to lay eggs?

I have a 60 gallon tank with all different community fish in it.

Geez, my two parakeets just had three babies over the Christmas holidays - now I have 5 parakeets and a cockateil too!!!!

You can use a tooth pick or a razor blade. Just make sure they don't come in contact with the air.
Oh, and welcome to AA!

Thank you for the welcome - I did a lot of reading this morning. I'm going to use a razor blade and carefully remove them with the net. I will set up a nursery tank as soon as I get home from work tonite. Put some aeration and a heater and hope for the best. Should I put gravel or leave the tank bare?

Also, take some filter media out of your filter and fill it up with tank water. Taking the filter media out and putting it in your tank will hopefully by-pass the cycle period.

Also, if you have any cherry shrimp, throw some in with the eggs. The eggs are too hard to eat but they will keep them clean so they don't turn to fungus. I use them in my sterbai tank. Oh and congrats on the breeding. If they are consistent you'll be scraping eggs out every 7-10 days.

Can someone please tell me if these guys are going to hatch ? I've never had them before this is my first time and they have slowly gotten darker this is I think the 4th day I've had them

image-1474021257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom