cory eggs?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
/Users/deb/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2014/02/03/20140203-143805/DSC_0102.JPG

here are some eggs that i found and then removed, are they cory cat eggs? i think they are because i just added like a breeding colony of 7 cory cats last week.

Look very much like it to me, from my experience cory's are prolific egg layers under the right conditions, mine seem to spawn atleast once a week.

Ok I have them in a container by themselves now, should I put in a air stone, an some methylene blue? Do they look fertile? Funny thing is last night my nitrates were around 60, and I've been battling them forever even though my tank was cycled two years ago lol, and I did a big water change with cooler water, and they must have laid em last night, I wasn't meaning to do a cool water change.

You could put methylene blue and an air stone or a couple cherry shrimp and an airstone. The shrimp can't eat the eggs unless they are bad but they can't stop picking at them thus preventing fungus. That's how I hatch all my Cory eggs.

Back
Top Bottom