Cory eggs round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishywishywowoo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Posted a week or so ago about my first rescued Cory eggs. None hatched within a week, then they developed a fungus. Today I have go 30+ Cory eggs just been laid. I've separated them and directed a power head onto the eggs. I've ordered a sponge filter but it hasn't arrived yet so I'm doing daily pwc. It's only a 1-2 gallon container until they (if any) hatch, then they will be moved to a breeder net in main tank. Is there anything else I can do? Can't get hold of methylane blue

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just responded to your other thread...the water flow usually works well enough for me without the meth blue. Unfertilized eggs will fungus anyway...I had a neurotic female that constantly laid eggs by herself.
I personally don't like the breeder nets, I assume you mean the one with the plastic frame. Too much junk got in there, it was hard to clean, and fry got stuck sometimes.
I've had better luck with the slotted plastic floating ones as long as the fry are big enough not to slip out. Easier to keep clean plus they get a constant flow of the tank water.

Jungle Fungus Cure works just as good as methylene blue and is easier to get. Should be at your local Walmart. Use it at 1/2 tab per gallon....no fungus.

Throw the fry net away, it will kill more fry than it saves. Get a marina box, works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom