Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

corydora eggs??

I wasn't trying to breed any of my egg layers so this is just a happy accident. I discovered these (see pic) on one of the filters this morning.

Someone please let me know if I'm wrong, but I am thinking they are corydora eggs as those are the only egg layers I have in this tank. I honestly don't know much about breeding or raising corydora fry - I'll have to do some reading. I imagine it can't be much different than raising the endler fry or betta fry I have in the past.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200929_102821649.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	318227  

Old 09-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes those are Corydora eggs. Some with experience scrape them off the glass and rear them in a hatchery aquarium with a seeded sponge filter. Definitely place a sponge filter in the main aquarium for the future. If the eggs are fertile a few may survive but the issue is the intake of the filter some may get sucked up.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ive literally found corys living inside my canister filter when ive done maintenance. They must have gotten drawn in as either fry or eggs while they was small enough to go through the intake strainer. I always shudder at what a miserable time they must have had living in pitch black off what scraps get into the filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlindsey View Post
Yes those are Corydora eggs. Some with experience scrape them off the glass and rear them in a hatchery aquarium with a seeded sponge filter. Definitely place a sponge filter in the main aquarium for the future. If the eggs are fertile a few may survive but the issue is the intake of the filter some may get sucked up.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlindsey View Post
Yeah I use a combo of HOB and sponge filters in most of my tanks. I have since the discovery of the eggs turned off the HOB.

When I switched over to sponge filters it seemed like a waste to pack away or toss the HOBs I had, plus it's nice to have extra seeded filters!
Old 09-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Great to hear that I personally cover the intake of the HOB filter with a sponge.

Tags
cory, corydora, egg, eggs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com