corydora eggs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laken

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wasn't trying to breed any of my egg layers so this is just a happy accident. I discovered these (see pic) on one of the filters this morning.

Someone please let me know if I'm wrong, but I am thinking they are corydora eggs as those are the only egg layers I have in this tank. I honestly don't know much about breeding or raising corydora fry - I'll have to do some reading. I imagine it can't be much different than raising the endler fry or betta fry I have in the past.

Attachments

• IMG_20200929_102821649.jpg
    IMG_20200929_102821649.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 32
Yes those are Corydora eggs. Some with experience scrape them off the glass and rear them in a hatchery aquarium with a seeded sponge filter. Definitely place a sponge filter in the main aquarium for the future. If the eggs are fertile a few may survive but the issue is the intake of the filter some may get sucked up.

Ive literally found corys living inside my canister filter when ive done maintenance. They must have gotten drawn in as either fry or eggs while they was small enough to go through the intake strainer. I always shudder at what a miserable time they must have had living in pitch black off what scraps get into the filter.
Yes those are Corydora eggs. Some with experience scrape them off the glass and rear them in a hatchery aquarium with a seeded sponge filter. Definitely place a sponge filter in the main aquarium for the future. If the eggs are fertile a few may survive but the issue is the intake of the filter some may get sucked up.

Yeah I use a combo of HOB and sponge filters in most of my tanks. I have since the discovery of the eggs turned off the HOB.

When I switched over to sponge filters it seemed like a waste to pack away or toss the HOBs I had, plus it's nice to have extra seeded filters!

Great to hear that I personally cover the intake of the HOB filter with a sponge.

Back
Top Bottom