Corydora stebai fry, white bellies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichelleM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, so I have 8 little c.sterbai fry. They are just over 1 week old now. I have them in a little tub, suctioned to the side of my main tank, which has an air stone and some plant floating in it. I feed them on microworms, and I do two water changes/tub cleans a day. They are still wiggling away, and after saving 32 eggs, only 15 were fertile, and I lost 7 fry over the first 4 days but so far so good with the remaining 8.
Last night I noticed 4 of them had little white bellies, and tonight now 6 of them have white bellies. The other 2 are smaller, and I can't really see the white on them.
I'm wondering if this is just them getting bigger (as my adult corys are creamy white underneath), or if this is maybe the microworms in their stomachs.
Or, what I'm really hoping isn't the case, there is something wrong with them that is spreading through them. They are all swimming away quite happily and seem to be munching the worms, but after losing so many over the first few days I'm really worried that i'm gonna lose these guys too. I have only managed to raise 1 cory successfully before and I actually found her in the main tank when she was about 3 weeks old, so I missed this entire stage. And any other time I have managed to save eggs, the fry have died in the first couple of days.
This is the first time I have used microworms, as previously I used hikari first bites.

So I'm just hoping maybe anyone else out these whose raised this kinda fry before knows if this is normal or if there is something I am doing wrong.

Not sure what the picture quality will be like but thought I'd have a go at uploading a video and picture to try and show the white bellies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 59
It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like they have a bellyful of worms :)
IMO if Cory fry end up contracting bacterial or fungal problems they usually die quite quickly (before you see a problem) so I'm guessing these little guys are ok.
Congrats and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom