Corydoras Habrosus Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! But it still leaves me wondering what the breeding water parameters are. Are they the same as just preferred living parameters? I love these little guys and I don't often see them, I wanna make sure I can continue to enjoy them!

Thanks! But it still leaves me wondering what the breeding water parameters are. Are they the same as just preferred living parameters? I love these little guys and I don't often see them, I wanna make sure I can continue to enjoy them!

If you keep them in a community tank it's best to remove them to a species tank and just do plenty of pwc's. Ph isn't as important as nice clean water. Add lots of java moss or you can use spawning mops for them to lay their eggs on. Hasbrosus are my fav cories, they are so darling :)

Siva: I read they like to plant their eggs on under sides of plant leaves? Or will java moss still work? I'm new to breeding...

And Discus...nope Pred in my name is cuz I love predatory fish :) sorry not a huge hockey guy!

Some cories will lay their eggs on the underside of leaves, but they are known to in the moss as well. I would provide a well planted tank for breeding. The moss is pretty crucial for the fry too.

Alright! Just found out my lfs just ordered some more so I will pick some up on Wednesday and hopefully let the breeding commence! Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom